Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Two Giants

Tomorrow, Chelsea FC meets Manchester United in the 2007 Community Shield game (on FSC at 7am), the last major pre-season game before the start of the English Premier League (EPL) on August 11th. Tomorrow is also when my stress begins. Although I obsess about Chelsea year-round, I begin to worry more around mid-August about Chelsea's fate, the health of the squad and the long, upcoming EPL season. Will Chelsea dominate this season? Who will challenge them? I hate Manchester United! So many crazy-fan thoughts go through my head... All I can do is brace myself, send the squad my usual love vibes, and make sure all of my Chelsea gear is order (shoes, wristbands, key chain, shirts, giant Christmas stocking, John Terry poster and wall calendar are all in place)! Go Blues!


P.S. In tennis news: Unfortunately, Marat Safin lost to Gael Monfils in the quarters of the Legg Mason Tennis Classic yesterday. Next up for Monfils is the adorable John Isner, who's making an amazing run in only his second ATP tournament ever! Go John!

No comments: