Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Apologies to TTC

Much to my surprise, the Tennis Channel DID thankfully end up airing (on delay) the Robby Ginepri vs. Andy Murray match today. Anywhoo, Robby looked foxy as usual with his lovely guns exposed (it's been too long since I've seen a televised match of his), but his hair was looking quite long and shaggy under his backwards cap.

As far as Robby's play, it was quite good, but he needs a little more concentration and ZING (which is hard to explain and who am I to judge really?). In the first set, he lost his serve at 4-4, which lost him the whole set. Then, in the second set, I DID NOT imagine Robby's 3-0 lead. He actually had one, and then lost serve at 3-1 and at 3-3. It's just so frustrating because Robby is such a strong and fast player, but as TTC's commentator, Robbie Koenig, mentioned, he makes unforced errors during crucial parts of the match.

I feel for him, and I think he needs a hug. Yes, it goes without saying that my arms are open.

P.S. I don't know why Robby didn't challenge Murray's match-winning ace. It looked just wide to me...

No comments: