Thursday, August 9, 2007

More Important But...

I know there are more important things in the world, but...

1) Now that my belovEDS Robby Ginepri and Marat Safin have made early exits from yet another tennis tournament, I need to figure out whom I shall be rooting for in their absences at the Rogers Cup. Hmm... I guess I'll go with Mario Ancic, Rafa Nadal, Frank Dancevic, and Novak Djokovic.

2) Will Sweet Cheeks Becks, who apparently hates the artificial turf we have in the U.S., make his MLS debut tonight in DC? Who can say?

3) Apparently, Nike hired the Emmy-nominated Rainn Wilson (who plays Dwight Schrute on The Office) to appear in a U.S. Women's National Soccer Team commercial. I can't wait to see it, but I haven't heard much else about it (aside from a blurb on last night's Daily 10 on E!).

4) In CHELSEA FC news:

- Frank Lampard has partnered with the Orange mobile network to launch FRANK TV. (Thanks to Victoria for the heads-up on it.)

- New Peruvian signing, Claudio Pizzaro, aims to be the #1 striker at Chelsea. I love Drogba, but Pizzaro can have his place, as long as WE WIN!

- Despite all of the injuries on the squad, captain John Terry is still aiming to a) get the Premier League title back from Man U and b) win the Champions League too. I'm on board, John! TASTE IT!! Man U and Liverpool can suck it! (Sorry, Laddie McFresh, but not really.)

No comments: