Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Movie Review

FINALLY! August 17th is here, and I got to see the movie I've been waiting to see all summer: SUPERBAD! I, of course, had very high expectations, so I'm happy to say that Bill and I really enjoyed the movie. It wasn't mind-blowingly hysterical, but it was very funny, with several fall-out-of-your-chair moments.

Both Michael Cera (from "Arrested Development" fame) and Jonah Hill (the F-bomb king) were great, and we're truly looking forward to seeing how their careers develop in the future. Newcomer, Christopher Mintz-Plasse (who plays the nerdy pimp McLovin), was surprisingly good and a big focus of the plot. The cops in the flick (played by Seth Rogen and Bill Hader) were fine, but (agreeing with The NY Times review) their screen-time was "unfortunately overextended." And, not surprisingly, (I'm sad to say) the lady love-interests were not particularly noteworthy. Other fun notes though: the soundtrack was groovy, and there were a few actors in bit parts from past Judd Apatow projects (e.g. Martin Starr from "Freaks and Greeks" and Carla Gallo from "Undeclared"). Speaking of bit parts, the guy who plays "Greg, the soccer player" is listed as Dave Franco, and I'm wondering if he's related to the yummy James Franco??

Anywhoo, go see it! You'll laugh, and you'll like it (PERIOD)!

No comments: