Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

My ultimate tennis beloveds (Robby Ginepri and Marat Safin) both won their first round U.S. Open matches today (each in 3 straight sets too)!!! I'm so happy for them. Dare I continue to dream about their potential 3rd round meeting?

I really believe that they can beat their 2nd round opponents. Marat plays Stanislas Wawrinka, and Robby plays Teimuraz Gabashvili. Yes, you read that right! Fernando Gonzalez lost to Gabashvili in the 1st round, so Gineps doesn't have to face him in this tourney (RG has already lost to Gonzo twice this summer)!

If my Pretties play their 2nd round matches on Friday, they could potentially meet in the 3rd round on Sunday. I already have plans on Sunday, so I won't be able to make it to New York to (potentially) see them play each other live and in person. It probably would be sensory over-load for me anyway. But, I'll look into flights anyway because (YES, you know it) a lady hooligan can dream...

No comments: