Friday, August 31, 2007

More Important But...

I know there are more important things in the world, but...

1) Bill and I decided to skip our Friday movie today. We were going to catch-up and see "Death at a Funeral" but decided against it 'cause the reviews for it are just mediocre. And although I love the Bruce Lee classic "Enter the Dragon" and the sport of ping-pong, I'll be skipping the movie spoof "Balls of Fury" too.

2) Jose Luis de Vilallonga, the actor who played Holly Golightly's Brazilian fiancee in "Breakfast at Tiffany's", passed away yesterday.

3) Victoria Beckham will be guest-starring on "Ugly Betty" this Fall. I've been getting into the series this summer since the Season 1 dvd set came out. Posh seems like a perfect match for the show. But, I thought Posh had no Hollywood/acting ambitions? Does a cameo count?

4) In LHK Sporting News:

- James Blake finally won his first ever 5-set match last night against Fabrice Santoro in the 2nd round of the U.S. Open!

- Chelsea have drawn Valencia, FC Schalke 04 and Rosenborg BK in the Group Phase of the UEFA Champions League.

- WHY AM I NOT IN NEW YORK?? Robby Ginepri and Marat Safin are playing their 2nd round U.S. Open matches back to back on the Grandstand today (just torturing me and flaming my sandwich fantasies)!!

- David Beckham sprained his knee in the Galaxy's Wednesday night loss and may be out for SIX WEEKS! This is just unbearable...

No comments: