Sunday, August 19, 2007

I'm happy with a point!

Fox Soccer Report's Bobby McMahon's prediction was correct, as Chelsea drew against Liverpool today (1-1). This was an action-packed game (with plenty of yellow cards), and we were honestly lucky to get away with a point at Anfield. My beloved John Terry was back in action today, and (it pains me to say this but) I wish he could have covered Petr Cech and cleared Fernando Torres' strike. Easier said than done, right? But, speaking of Torres, I'm taking him off of my LHK EPL eye-candy list as his punishment for scoring and stressing me out (like he really cares)...

Okay, in other LHK sporting news:

1) Thankfully, Man City beat Man U today!! So, Chelsea is now 5 points ahead of the Red Devils.

2) Unfortunately, American Brian McBride suffered a knee injury in Fulham's loss to Middlesbrough on Saturday.

3) Speaking of injuries, the gorgeous Swede, Freddie Ljungberg, has pulled out of the upcoming Sweden versus U.S. friendly match with a groin injury. Poor (pretty) baby...

4) James Blake takes on Roger Federer today in the final of the Cincy Masters (on CBS at 1pm PST), and Jelena Jankovic takes on Justine Henin in the final of the Rogers Cup (on ESPN2 at 11am PST).
Go James and Jelena!!

No comments: