Monday, August 6, 2007

More Important But...

I know there are more important things in the world, but...

1) Qualifier Robin Haase upset Tomas Berdych today at the Rogers Cup. Fortunately, the Tennis Channel is airing tons of early round action. Haase lost to Marat Safin last week in DC but that match wasn't televised. But today, I was able to check Haase out, and he's peaked my interest. Don't worry, I'm not putting out an eye-candy alert on him. He just really reminded me of a younger version of (the former Man U and current Real Madrid soccer player) Ruud Van Nistelrooy, who is also Dutch. Take a look at these pics:
2) Both Robby Ginepri and Marat Safin will be in action tomorrow at the Rogers Cup. I pray that their matches are televised because they're not unfortunately scheduled for Centre Court. Please don't let me down TTC!

3) I met up with my dear friend Shauna (whom I've know since the first grade) for coffee today, and we had a sighting that was a blast from our past. We spotted this cute guy who looked like a cross between Danny Masterson and Orlando Bloom, and I realized that we actually knew him. He was Shauna's older brother's friend, Guy, and when we were pre-teens, we used to think he was our local Corey Haim. Fortunately, Shauna went up to him to say hi, and he completely remembered her and was happy to see her. Although he only vaguely remembered me (I think I only used to giggle around him), he was very cool to me too and even gave me a peck on the cheek. A delightful Coffee Bean encounter indeed! Anywhoo, he's a musician in LA now; check him out (although his pics don't do him justice).

4) Okay, I have to stop rambling now and get ready to go to the EastWest Bank Classic to see some live tennis! Vamos!

No comments: