Saturday, September 22, 2007

LHK Sporting News

1) First and foremost, although I LOVE the Fall weather, I object to it only when I get rained out of tennis. Unfortunately, my regular Saturday dubz match got rained out this morning (even though the weather is sort of clearing up NOW).

2) Congrats to the U.S. for their 3-0 quarterfinal win over England in the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup! They will face either Brazil or Australia in the semis. On the topic of women's soccer, Happy Birthday to my WWC '99 former "boss", Aaron!

3) Arsenal is still on top of the Premier League with their impressive 5-0 win over Derby County this morning. OF COURSE, since I gave up any interest in Arsenal after the departures of Henry and Ljungberg, they are doing well again. Liverpool and Man City both drew today.

4) Speaking of the EPL, the biggest game of the season so far will be Chelsea vs. Man U (tomorrow at 8am PST on FSC). Go Blues!

5) The U.S. leads Sweden 2-1 in the Davis Cup.

No comments: