Friday, September 21, 2007

Your Internet

Sometimes, when my friend's Grandma wants me to look something up for her online, she'll say, "Honey, can you look on YOUR internet for (insert random request here)." So recently on my Internet, I've come across some interesting websites that I wanted to share with you:

1) SkinStore.com; discounted beauty products AND FREE domestic shipping: score!

2) Etsy; unique handmade items for sale (with cheap shipping)! I bought a hilarious "Buster" (from the TV show "Arrested Development") coaster from a crafter called Snickerpinx, and I look forward to perusing the rest of the site in search of lovely and random things I don't need. I already spotted an interesting artist, Elloh, who has a shared fondness for "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "The Office".

3) Babycakes NYC; a vegan bakery in NYC. Hmmm...I'd be interested in trying their red velvet cupcakes, but a friend who has actually been to the bakery says that she was "decidedly underwhelmed."

4) DEUCE magazine; the ATP's official magazine is now available in an online format! Check out the delightful Summer 2007 issue.

Thanks to BUST magazine for several of the tips.

No comments: