Monday, September 3, 2007

I had a bad feeling...

On Sunday morning, I woke up at 3am, unable to fall back sleep. I had a bad feeling about something; little did I know it was a foreshadowing of results to come. Both Chelsea and Robby Ginepri ended up losing that day. Normally, I would have been really depressed because of their results, but thank goodness my friends were over for a pool party and took my mind off of the sad LHK sporting results.

Basically, as with Bad News Becks (aka Break it Like Beckham) and to quote my friend's Grandmother, "Honey, you gotta laugh to keep from crying."

On that note, with Marat Safin and Robby Ginepri out of the U.S. Open (again), I guess (on the men's side) I'll root for Feliciano Lopez, James Blake, Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, Juan Ignacio Chela. Chela takes on Stanislas Wawrinka (the Tommy Haas of last year, who beat both my beloved Safin and Gineps in succession).

P.S. Happy Labor Day!

No comments: