Monday, July 23, 2007

John Terry is my hero!


As if it's not obvious already (and although he's no longer single; booo and sniff), John Terry is a hero in my eyes. Not only is he the tough central defender and captain of Chelsea FC and ENGLAND, but he also scored the only and winning goal in the (Becks debut) game against the L.A. Galaxy on Saturday night. And not only did he score that great goal and play a full 90 pre-season minutes, but he did it with a BROKEN TOE! Yep, his right toe was broken on Tuesday night during Chelsea's other pre-season game against the Suwon Bluewings, and he scored the goal with his left foot on Saturday night. He deserves to be the highest paid player in the EPL!

In other "news":

1) Gorgeous midfielder (and CK underwear model) Freddie Ljungberg is moving from Arsenal to West Ham United! Although I always root for Chelsea, I had a fondness for Arsenal because of Freddie and the delightful Thierry Henry. But now with both of them gone (Henry left for Barcelona earlier this summer), I can officially take Arsenal off of my fan radar (which is admittedly somewhat of a relief).

2) I finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7)last night, and it was really great! The one (minor) prediction I had about a couple of the characters was spot-on, but I won't give anything away!

3) I'm assuming my invitation to Becks' WELCOME-TO-LA party got lost in the mail.

4) I didn't have the energy to go to the Hollywood United FC charity game yesterday in Beverly Hills, but it sure looked fun.

5) Wish me luck! I have a singles semi-final league match tonight...

No comments: