Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Vamos Comrade!


I just got back from UCLA (my alma mater), where I went to go see a couple of first round matches of the Countrywide Classic. The first match was dubz between Americans Sam Querrey and Mardy Fish versus the British team of Ross Hutchins and Alex Bogdanovic. Querrey & Fishy won in the 3rd set tie-break (10-8). Although I was sitting at the very top of stadium, I still had a great view. Check out Mardy's black Adidas shoes (he's serving in the ad court); I wish they made black tennis court shoes for us Lady(s) 'cause I really dislike all of the nerdy white ones. But, I'll save that rant for another day...

The second match of the evening featured my beloved Marat Safin versus Aussie Chris Guccione. It was a tough 3-set match, but Marat thankfully prevailed. I snuck down to about the 10th row to take pics of Marat, but unfortunately I didn't get any great ones. This one's the best of the bunch (I took about 40). But, I'm just happy that I got to be fairly close to Marat and just soak him in. It was so sexy when he swore in Spanish (with a hint of his Russian accent)!

In other news, I kept having Tommy Haas sightings tonight. I guess he's hanging in L.A. even though he's not playing in the tourney. I saw him driving a tournament Mercedes SUV as I was arriving; I saw him hanging around the players' tunnel between the matches, and I saw him sitting in the 3rd row (making out with his girlfriend) during Marat's match. He's not my cup of tea, but I just thought I'd give you a full report.

No comments: