Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Chelsea! Chelsea!

I just got back from the Home Depot Center where I saw Chelsea FC take on the Suwon Bluewings. Chelsea
won
1-0 with a late second-half goal scored by none other than their leading scorer, Didier Drogba (who's playing well with new signing Malouda up front by the way)! Even though I was a bit thrown off with Chelsea's new kit (which was fluorescent green; the Korean team was actually wearing the blue), I took a lot of pics at the game. But once again, they didn't turn out too nice. I'm beginning to hate my camera (I'm not going to doubt my photography skills just yet).

More importantly, I got to see my beloved John Terry up-close several times. Once, as he went through the players' tunnel (I told you my tix were close to it), I yelled "I love you, John!", and HE WAVED AT ME!
I wonder if he could see the image of his face on my t-shirt?

In any case, I'm looking forward to going back on Saturday night to see Chelsea face the L.A. Galaxy. It's going to be crazy! The stadium is decked out with a lot of Beckham fanfare; I really hope that hot bitch's ankle gets better in time for his big scheduled debut...

P.S. & F.Y.I. The churros are a lot tastier when you buy them from a stadium stand rather than from an aisle vendor.

No comments: