Friday, July 20, 2007

Until next year, Countrywide...


I just got back from UCLA, where I watched a couple of quarterfinal matches of the Countrywide Classic. The first match I saw was James Blake versus (his supposed nemesis) Vince Spadea. Thankfully, Blake beat Spadea in two sets 'cause the weather was quite hot, and I was getting hungry.

By the way, during the match, I noticed Amer Delic sitting a handful of rows ahead of me, looking like a hot frat boy (with the backwards cap). Oh yeah, basketball superstars Kevin Garnett and Tyron Lue were sitting near him too...

The second match of the afternoon was between my beloved Marat Safin and Hyung-Taik Lee. Safin looked sexy as always (sporting a bright orange and black outfit), but unfortunately, he lost in 3 sets. It was a harsh loss because he had an early break in the 3rd set, but I guess he just lost his focus. So, since Marat is out of the tourney, I'm done with it too; until next year that is... Hopefully, both Robby Ginepri and Marat will be fit and ready then for my cheers.

No comments: