Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Boo, Becks, Boo!

I never thought I would ever BOO David Beckham, but I DID last night because he is working on my last nerve! Not only did he not play in last night's Galaxy Superliga game versus Pachuca, but he didn't even get into uniform and sit on the bench with his teammates. He instead took the night off and enjoyed the game in a VIP box with family and friends. I doubt any other Galaxy player could get away with similar behavior. I know Becks is a sexy super-star, and I'm thrilled he's on the L.A. team now. But, as a season ticket holder, I am getting ripped off! Here's a timeline that might help elaborate my frustration:

January 11, 2007: David Beckham's big move to Los Angeles is announced.

January 31, 2007: Against my better judgment, I splurged on season tickets. I knew that Becks would be finishing his current season with Real Madrid and missing part of the MLS season, but I had to at least have guaranteed tix to his debut. Of course, to heighten the drama and sell more tix, the Galaxy wouldn't confirm anything about Becks' debut at this point (or in the future as I came to sadly learn).

June 6, 2007: Becks hurt his ankle playing for England in a Euro 2008 qualifying match versus Estonia.

June 17, 2007: Becks played in his last (league-winning) game for Real Madrid, where he aggravated his ankle again.

July 13, 2007: He officially joined our Galaxy!

July 21, 2007: Becks made his long awaited Galaxy debut versus Chelsea FC. Although the game was very exciting, he only played in the last twelve minutes (and this after several days of stressful debate about whether he would play at all).

July 22, 2007: Posh and Becks danced the night away at their WELCOME TO LA party, hosted by the Cruises and the Smiths. I guess his ankle was feeling well enough to cut a rug on the dancefloor.

July 24, 2007
: Becks sat out for what should have been his 2nd official game with the Galaxy! Thankfully, they won without him anyway.

So, long story short, I understand that they want Becks' ankle to be a 100% before he starts playing full games. But, what was he doing for the whole month between his last game for Real Madrid (June 17th) and his first game with the Galaxy (July 21st)? I hope he didn't aggravate his ankle even more as they packed up their Spanish mansion. And, what was he doing shaking his (oh so lovely) arse at a Scientology (I mean, Hollywood) party, when he should have been resting his ankle?

Listen, like everyone else, I think Becks is extremely hot and talented, but I only have tix to 7 more home games! With all this BS about his ankle AND the possibility of him having to miss even more games to perhaps play for England (in Euro 2008 qualifiers), I am beyond frustrated 'cause I WANT ME SOME BECKS, and I hate getting ripped off! I thought I could put up with all of the hype, but I highly doubt that I'll be renewing my season tix next year.

No comments: