Saturday, April 12, 2008

Random LHK News

1) Just got back from seeing STREET KINGS. It was pretty bad, and we actually left about a half-hour in and got a refund (sorry, Slaters). Well, at least, we saw Keanu looking foxy in his cop uniform.

2) If you're a Pete Yorn fan, he has a new song up on iTunes. "Old Boy" is a part of the Green Owl compilation, with proceeds going towards "Energy Action".
Pete Yorn - The Green Owl Comp: A Benefit for the Energy Action Coalition - Old Boy

3) BIG GAME tomorrow: Arsenal vs. Manchester United (Sunday, April 13th on FSC at 8am PST). As a Chelsea FC fan, I'll be rooting EXTREMELY hard for the Gunners!

4) Bill's sister Lori is selling some fun bracelets on Etsy; check them out!

5) I've tried a couple more new flavored waters.

- BORBA has that fancy skin care line of flavored water out now, which is like VitaminWater (but without the calories, sugar and carbs). I tried the Pomegranate Clarifying flavor, which was delicious. But, at $3.50 a bottle, I don't think I'll be buying much of it.

- In it's place, just try the Whole Foods 365 brand Strawberry Lemon Sparkling Mineral Water. Lady Stacy turned me on to it, and it's really lovely and refreshing!

6) RANDOM! Arctic Monkeys covering Amy Winehouse's "You Know I'm No Good"; love it!

7) The OC Weekly printed my little comment about the EJL article I had mentioned last week; thanks for the heads-up, Dogg!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plugg sista!

Anonymous said...

This old boy downloaded Pete Yorn, for a cause.

Anonymous said...

Borba is bloated, pricewise!

Anonymous said...

make that 2 for charitable downloads, pw.