Wednesday, April 9, 2008

More Important But...

I know there are more important things in the world, but...

1) Chelsea thankfully won their Champions League quarterfinal against Fenerbache on Tuesday! They will meet Liverpool (again!) in the semi-finals. Now, I will NOT speak of specific past Liverpudlian atrocities against us on this blog, but all I can say is that I look forward to Chelsea's sweet revenge on their way to the Champions League final. Ya hear me, Laddie McFresh!

2) On a similar note, bravo to the Wimbledon Chief for encouraging soccer to embrace technology the way that the sport of tennis has...

3) What do you think of the new Madonna single "4 Minutes" featuring Justin Timberlake? Of course, I bought it, but I'm sort of getting annoyed with Timbaland's production style. In any case, I'm looking forward to hearing the other songs (with other producers) on her new album Hard Candy(which comes out on April 29th).
Madonna - 4 Minutes (feat. Justin Timberlake) - Single - 4 Minutes

4) I went to a friend's b-day dinner the other night at a chic new place in WeHo called Palihouse (a boutique extended stay hotel). We dined in the hotel's brasserie, and overall, it was okay (but a tad pricey). I'd still recommended checking the place out though, at least for drinks and snacks at the bar. The fries are delicious, and the cocktail menu is surprisingly unique (being the Anglophile that I am, I loved the "Pimm's Cup" drink).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jadore Madonna! (X 10!!!!!!!!!!)