Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More Important But...

I know there are more important things in the world, but...

1) My pals and I went to see the Tony-award-winning musical, Avenue Q, last night at the Ahmanson. Let me start by saying merci to Bill for hooking us up with great seats. Okay, in general, I am not a fan of musicals, BUT (and this is a big but, Pee-Wee) I had heard that this show wasn't like the typical musicals and was supposed to be really funny. Although all of the performers were extremely talented and the songs were fairly witty, I was CRINGING in my seat last night. The whole concept of the actors holding the puppets, performing as them and singing in nasally puppet-voices was just so unappealing to me. During the whole 2-hour+ show, I just kept looking forward to getting back to my car and going to my happy place (aka listening to some Andy Gibb). So, if I may get even more childish, I'll just say that Avenue Q = Avenue P.U.

2) On a more interesting note, the English Domestic Goddess herself, Nigella Lawson, is apparently a huge Chelsea FC fan! She certainly has great taste, and I admire her even more now!

3) Speaking of Chelsea, it looks like Ajax' manager, Henk Ten Cate, will soon be coming to Stamford Bridge as the new Assistant First Team Coach. We certainly need all the help we can get, and I read that Ten Cate is amigos with Ronaldinho (from when Ten worked at Barcelona), so ya never know...

4) On a lighter note (upcoming pun intended), Lily Allen went to a hypnotist to help her lose weight. This is a "procedure" that has crossed my mind, and I'm going to ask Lady Doc for her opinion on the matter.

5) Finally, has anyone seen and/or heard the new SILVERCHAIR? The cute, little Australian boys from the old grungy "Frogstomp" days are back with a new sound and look. I just saw their video for their most recent single "Straight Lines" and was shocked to find out that it was them. Their new sound is very mainstream/adult alternative, and lead singer Daniel Johns now looks like a very metro (and oddly sexy) cross between Adam Levine of Maroon 5 and Jake Shears from the Scissor Sisters. Hmmm...

No comments: