Sunday, June 8, 2008

More Important But...

I know there are more important things in the world, BUT here's a little round-up of what's been happening in LHK-world:

1) The French Open ended today. As my blog pal, Erwin, would say, "Le sigh..." Rafa Nadal won the men's title for the 4th year in a row, and Ana Ivanovic took the women's title (becoming the 1st Serbian woman to reach #1 along the way).

Speaking of the women's final, I noticed an odd sighting in the crowd near Ana Ivanovic's camp. Check out recently-sacked Chelsea FC manager, Avram Grant, in this picture (click to enlarge):

2) Also on the tennis-front, the Artois Championships (a Wimbledon warm-up tournament) has started. Tomorrow, both of my beloveds will be in action. Marat Safin takes on British qualifier, James Ward, and Robby Ginepri takes on Vince Spadea. Good luck, Lads! BTW, Tennis Channel will start airing matches from this tourney on Friday.

3) In soccer/football news, the UEFA EURO 2008 started yesterday. For those of you that aren't familiar with it, it's like the World Cup, but it only includes European countries. Although England didn't qualify for it, it's still a HUGE tournament, with plenty of EYE-CANDY (Swedes, Spaniards, Croats, Italians; YUMMY)! And, I have no clear pick for a team winner, but I'm kind of rooting for Croatia and Germany.

4) What else? I've tried a couple of new (to me) restaurants: HOME and 25 DEGREES. Both were pretty good, but nothing to rush out to...

No comments: