Monday, June 30, 2008

LHK (catch-up) Sporting News

1) Spain beat Germany yesterday in the Euro 2008 final. I'm sort of indifferent about the result. It's a bummer that Michael Ballack (who plays for Germany and Chelsea) wasn't able to capture yet another major trophy (despite bleeding for his team), but I'm fairly happy for Spain for finally winning something after underachieving for so many years.

2) Marat Safin takes on Stanislas Wawrwinka today in the 4th Round at Wimbledon. If I'm not mistaken, Wawrinka ousted both Marat and Robby Ginepri in last year's U.S. Open. It goes without saying that I hope Marat BEATS him!

3) Speaking of Robby Ginepri, he's made it onto the 2008 U.S. Olympic tennis squad! I'm very happy for him; he deserves it!

4) Chelsea have signed Portugeezer midfielder, DECO, to the squad. Hmm....

5) Last but not least, another one of my beloveds, Freddie Ljungberg, has retired from the Swedish national team.

No comments: