Thursday, November 1, 2007

With the holidays around the corner...

It's November! I'm in the mood for cooler weather, holiday music and holiday SHOPPING (sweetie) too of course! With that said, let me tell you about some LHK blog partners that I'd love for you to keep in mind if/when you do some online spending:

1) Amazon.com sells pretty much everything, and I think their gift certificates rule (hint, hint)! And, if you have an Amazon wish-list, please update it (you know who you are).


2) I heart iTunes!
Apple iTunes

3) Beauty.com seems to have a wider selection than Sephora (at least online), and they have free shipping too (with a lower min. purchase req than Sephora).
Beauty.com

4) Speaking of make-up, if you want to try some fun & cheap products, check out e.l.f. cosmetics:
Elf Cosmetics

5) Finally, you can't go wrong with snacks and sweets from The Popcorn Factory!
The Popcorn Factory

Yes, I'm "affiliated" with all of the random companies listed above. So if you shop through the links on my blog (listed above, in various posts and in the right-hand column permanently), a tiny % of the sale comes in to help support the LH site costs.

BUT, let's put the material crap aside for a moment. I don't know about you, but I like to give some charitable donations as gifts every year. Some organizations that I'd like to recommend are:

1) The Amanda Foundation rescues dogs and cats from City & County shelters and finds loving homes for them.

2) The Surfrider Foundation is an environmental organization dedicated to protecting the world's oceans.

3) Children's Hospital Los Angeles is also a wonderful and worthy institution.

4) And, the new organization that has caught my attention is KIVA, which I've mentioned before.

Kiva - loans that change lives


Thanks as always! I'm done rambling for now...

No comments: