Saturday, July 25, 2009

LHK Heaven!!!

YOWZA!!! My head and heart are about to explode! Have you seen the draw for the LA Tennis Open?

Marat Safin and Robby Ginepri, my two favorite OG tennis players (Jeremy Chardy is a fairly recent fav), are meeting in the first round! I'm not sure of the exact day and time that they'll be playing, but I WILL be there!

Marat! Robby! UCLA (my alma mater)! Pretty vs. Pretty! Ahhhhhhhhh!

They've only met twice before
(with Robby winning both meetings), but I've never seen them play against each other in the flesh. I can barely contain myself! Not to jinx it, but one of my biggest Lady Hooligan dreams is coming true (please see LH Webzine Archive More Important But: Eye-Candyland)!

I need to breathe.


BTW, congrats to Robby on just recently beating John Isner in the semis of the Indianapolis Tennis Championships. He plays Sam Querrey in the final tomorrow (7/26 on ESPN2 at 12pm PST).

Marat, I'm looking forward to seeing you on Monday night as well when you take on Pete Sampras in the Millennium Challenge (also a part of the LA Tennis Open).

No comments: