Even though one of my favorite players, Robby Ginepri, wasn't at the tournament this year, I ended up seeing dozens and dozens of tennis pros and so much amazing tennis! Let me share the highlights in short-hand broken down by day:
FRIDAY, MARCH 13, 2009
- Andy Murray playing dubz with fellow Brit, Ross Hutchins
- Jeremy Chardy's 1st round match versus Victor Hanescu (please see My Weekend with Jeremy Chardy post)
- The Ladies; Shahar Peer's fighting spirit and Dinara Safina's power were inspiring.
- Met up with my pals, the McCreary's!
- James Blake practicing with Leyton Hewitt
- DUBZ Eye-candy: Fernando Gonzalez teaming up with Tommy Robredo; Ay Mami!
- And, OF COURSE, I drank an infamous and delicious Indian Wells Bloody Mary
SATURDAY, MARCH 14, 2009
- Tommy Robredo (sporting a really cute buzz cut)
- Fernando Verdasco; HIS hairstyle wins the LHK prize for the FOXIEST! I cannot resist a faux-hawk!
- Paul-Henri Mathieu vs. Potito Starace. This match lasted for 3 exciting sets, and I was pleasantly surprised by Potito's sexy machismo; very Italian!
- In honor of my sister-in-law's heritage, I got a front row seat to an all-Croatian match: Ivan Ljubicic vs. Mario Ancic. Talk about tall drinks of water! The powerful aces being served on tiny Court #4 were dangerous to be near. But, this match only lasted 6 games due to the fact that Mario Ancic was under the weather and retired at 3-3.
- Met fellow Chelsea FC super-fan and tennis aficionado, Ron (from Orange County)
- Ran into my pal, Christian, from grad school
- Got a pic with JC! (again, please see My Weekend with Jeremy Chardy post)
SUNDAY, MARCH 15, 2009
- Got to the grounds early (10am) to score a good seat to the Jeremy Chardy versus Mardy Fish match (again, please see My Weekend with Jeremy Chardy post)
- More DUBZ Eye-candy: Feliciano Lopez teamed up with Fernando Verdasco; Ay Dios Mio!
- Marat Safin practicing shirtless! (please see The Legendary Marat post)
- Met up with my blog pal, Erwin (from TENNIS SERVED FRESH), and we inadvertently (no joke) ended up in VIP seats during the John Isner vs. Gael Monfils match
- Rafael Nadal hitting unbelievable shots versus Michael Berrer in the main stadium
- Marat's 2nd round match versus Nicolas Massu (from Chile); (again, please see The Legendary Marat post)
- Made it home, safe and sound at about 11:15pm