Sunday, May 11, 2008

Oh, Chelsea...

Chelsea just lost the EPL title to Manchester United. I'm not completely surprised, but nonetheless, I am very sad.

I gave up hope for the league title today (and almost puked) when my beloved John Terry left the game injured with a possible broken arm. I think Chelsea only gave up towards the very end of our game when they heard that Man U scored their 2nd goal against Wigan.

What can I say? Chelsea had another rough season (with so many injuries; a management shake-up; and players out on national team duty), BUT they still challenged for the title until the very last day. They're heroes to me for persevering through it all, and to quote journalist Ian Edwards "if titles were awarded on the basis of spirit alone, the Premier League trophy would already be decked out in blue and white ribbons."

Here's hoping that Chelsea can avenge this League title loss in Moscow on May 21st when they take on Man U in the Champions League final!

No comments: