Sunday, May 18, 2008

LHK Sporting News

1) Only RAFA! How does one come back from being down 1-5 in the first set to Roger Federer?!? Only Rafa Nadal could possibly do it, and he did when he beat Federer in 3 sets in the final of the Hamburg Master Series today.

2) Congrats to Jelena Jankovic on winning the Italian Open today! Go, Lady!

3) (And though I'm slightly more of a AC Milan fan) Congrats to Inter Milan for winning the Serie A league title!

4) My beloved Robby Ginepri is finally back in action this week at the Hypo Group International (in a Portschach, Austria; a city my Parents used to visit when they were newlyweds living in Graz!). Unfortunately, Robby meets (Croatian ace) Mario Ancic in the first round; hmm...

5) The 2nd Grand Slam of the tennis season, Roland Garros (aka the French Open), starts a week from today!

6) Last but least, I can't tell you how excited (and nervous) I am about the Champions League Final between Chelsea and Manchester United this Wednesday (on ESPN2 at 11:30am PST). I'm taking the day off from work because it's probably the biggest day in Chelsea's history!
COME ON, CHELSEA!

No comments: