Saturday, March 15, 2008

Yowza!

Today has just flown by! I left for Indian Wells to attend the Pacific Life Open at around 9am; got there at 11am; and because of the awful parking back-up, I didn't get into the stadium until about 11:45am.

But once I was in, I had a very eventful day. Without going into all the boring details, I'll just get to the best part: I MET ROBBY GINEPRI again!! I wasn't expecting to see him except during his match against Carlos Moya in the afternoon. But, when I went to go meet my friends at the practice courts to watch Rafa Nadal practicing with Feliciano Lopez, I noticed Robby practicing in a nearby court. And, before I knew it, he walked right by us, and thanks to my awesome pals/"wing-helpers" (Lady Lorelei and Laddie McFresh), I finally got a decent picture with Robby!! I'm so thrilled!

Other highlights of my day include indulging in a delicious bloody mary and and also finally meeting my blog pal, Erwin, in person. He's an absolute doll and was there to witness me being a complete dork over Gineps.

Okay, now before I get to my big match of the day, here's a partial list of the other pros I saw play a game or two today: Jelena Jankovic, Tommy Robredo (love him with the shorter hair), Ivan Ljubicic, Max Mirnyi, Jamie Murray, Andy Murray, Eric Butorac, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Amelie Mauresmo and Svetlana Kuznetsova! Not too shabby, huh?

But, of course, the match I was dying to see today was Robby Ginepri versus Carlos Moya! The playaz entered the stadium at around 3:45pm, and fortunately Robby dominated and won the first set. But then, before I knew it and as the weather became a lot colder and windier, he quickly lost the second set. Between the second and third sets, Robby had to get his right arm taped. Then, the heart-break began...

Even though Robby was playing well and and had SO MANY chances to break Moya in the third set, he ended up losing the match. I still sort of can't believe it. I guess my cheers didn't help. Wha happened? Sniff, sniff...I left the tournament after Robby's match 'cause I didn't have any more tennis energy, and I hit the road. I also hit some fairly rough weather (the sky between the Desert windmills and Cabazon looked like Mount Doom), but I'm thankfully back in L.A. and now ready for bed.

But, before I hit the hay, I'm going to set my DVR to record Saturday Night Live. The hilarious Jonah Hill is hosting tonight.

P.S. Chelsea beat Sunderland today with John Terry scoring the only and winning goal!

No comments: